Friday 16 January 2009

Babymobile

I've decided that I want our baby to have a £400 pram. The decision was pretty much made for me as there is a surplus of ugly, breakable prams out there. Ideally I'd like a Bugaboo Bee but they're around £750 which is crazy so I've opted for the Quinny Buzz. The stroller part can be used as a buggy until the baby walks and we will use the Dreami carrycot to make it a pram for the first 6 months and also as a moses basket while she is sleeping in our room. As I scored us a brand new Mamas & Papas carseat for free and my parents are paying for half the pram I think it's good value.

They come in a variety of colours, the red/pink is just face-melting and sickly but the yellow/brown is pretty cool and the black is slick. Obviously the baby doesn't give a toss which colour her wheels are so I'll end up going for whichever I can find cheapest!
Although the black does have a certain baby batmobile-ness about it..


It's not all expensive news in babyland though. We've found a rather gorgeous cot in Ikea for a bargainous £67:


Although there is tonnes of matching furniture there is no matching chest of drawers which I neeeed as all the baby clothes are currently sitting in Lidl bags, which although Highly Fashionable, just aren't a permanent option.

Now all I need to do is clear the 57534537 bags of crap out of the nursery and paint the walls and put up a blind and find a chest of drawers and zzzzzzzzzzzz.

No comments: